RE: ADSL Contention Ratios and Reality

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ADSL Contention Ratios and Reality
  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:43:02 +0100

> Work have decided to offer Easynet's business ADSL service (512K,
> 20:1) or it is possible to use your own personal ADSL and bill the > company.

Bill the company!

> I have previously signed up for a 50:1 package for about 25quid pm, > what i want to know is, is the business service (still BT product my <= BR> > exchange is not LLU) from Easynet going to be that much quicker in > reality?

In reality you're put on separate bits at the exchange therefore offers
better stability.

> Also even less relevant is on the easynet website they are offering > the LLU products with a contention ration of 1:1, surely 1:1
> contention effectively =3D a leased line? in that all the bandwidth is=
> allocated to one user, or am i being thick?? If so how come they
> charge the same as for 20:1??

1: =3D a leased line but remember most adsl don=92t offer SLA's.  The<= BR> bandwidth is not physically allocated although on a 512k adsl you should get 62kb/s throughput.

> Anyone got any good experiences with Easynet before i fork out =A380 p= m
> of the bosses money on there service, adsl guide seems on the whole > more negative than positive.

Very good - I've got a friend who has an 8mbit adsl with them and it
flies!

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or