Re: Re: Broadband in the sticks?

I've got a 256K leased line from BT for about that price (a bit less if you=
lock-in for a couple of years - they also do a 64K package and a 512, but that's v expensive). It's dedicated 256K, non-burst, but I get 32 ip
addresses, and decent support (they've notified me of line errors before I<= BR> knew there were any). I've only had it a few months, but it's been perfect.=
Before that I managed for 4 years on single-channel ISDN to Demon,
eventually using 24hr surftime. Demon don't disconnect, so I was on pretty<= BR> much 24 hours.

Dave

"graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Leased lines can be done almost anywhere, but the best
> > price I could find was about =A35000 pa and that wasn't dedicated= at
> > the ISP end.
>
> How much?  URL, URL, URL!  That's ridiculously cheap!

I should have added further qualification here, it is something that
is just about to be launched I believe, but there is a limit on
bandwidth per month. I was looking for a way of hosting a few web
sites at home and so didn't require constant high band width. I think
it was based on 128K burstable up to 2Mb but with a maximum total
traffic per month. The company in question is ClaraNet, but I'm not
sure that this is a product they have launched yet. If you are still
interested I could probably pass on the name of the guy I dealt with.

Regards

Graham