RE: Re: URGENT - Legal Advice

What is this guy on???

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross McLachlan [mailto:ross@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 July 2002 12:22
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: URGENT - Legal Advice

Here's the companies critisms , http://www.rossmc.co.uk/smoothwall.txt .

Ross.

----- Original Message -----
From: "librashagger" <jerome@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: URGENT - Legal Advice

> --- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> > I have been contacted this morning with regard to a review that
> was
> > published on my site.  The other party threaten legal action and
> as a result
> > I have removed the review in its entirety.
> >
> > As you know, Automated Home UK is run as a hobby and has
> neither the time
> > nor the resources to fight any legal battle.
> >
> > This has really shaken me up this morning, and puts the
> whole future of my
> > website very much in doubt.
> >
> > I would appreciate contact off list from anyone in the legal
> profession who
> > could advise me on any steps I can take to ensure this can't
> happen again.
> > If this cannot be resolved then I may close the site.
>
> Don't worry - they are on very unsteady ground threatening you.  It
> is a review, and as such is fair comment, and an opinion piece. If
> it is an unfavourable review of someone's product, i'd put it back
> up and invite the company/individual to respond to the criticisms
> publically.
>
> It's a review, reviews are not illegal.  If Jonathan Ross slags off a
> film on TV, do the film companies sue for loss of box-office? Of
> course not, and they are americans. AFAIK, in the UK, only
> slander/libel online has been litigated, by dear old Laurence
> Godfrey. Unless you called the manufacturer's parenting or
> sexual preferences into question, you'll be fine. Tell us who it is
> too, so we can avoid the wannabe-litigious bastards too.
>
> Courage,
>
> Jerome

Franklin + Andrews is a business name of Franklin + Andrews Limited
(Registered in England No 4408389), whose registered office is at St Anne
House, Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2UL

This email message and accompanying data transmitted with it are for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified
that any use, dissemination, disclosure, distribution or copying of this
message or data is prohibited.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify us immediately and erase all copies of this message and
attachments.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click here for more selections... Click here to visit LensExpress.com Avucue2 Colours ACUVUE Disposables FreshLook Colorblends Disposables Focus Night & Day Continous Wear Get Wild... with Wild Eyes!
Click here to find your contact lenses!