RE: After Sky DigiBox - cheap suppliers ??

Mark McCall [mailto:mark@xxxxxxx]
> I mean will someone be able to watch a recording off Sky+, while
> someone elso (in another room) watches a live Sky program?

Not in a single box.  I guess that it will be very unlikely that a single
Sky Box will ever be able to output two different video ouputs at a time.
However as Sky+ comes with a quad LNB, your able to simply add additional
normal Sky boxes in order to output additional video sources.  More Sky
boxes require more sky viewing cards, which can either be for Pay TV (more
cost) or FreeToAir cards for BBC and alike.

With Sky+ you'll get the option to record two Pay Sky channels at once with
one card (which TIVO can't do), but only view one program at a time.  With a
Tivo/Sky Box combination, you can of course view a recording and live SKY
show at once, but then if the  Tivo is recording from Sky you wouldn't be
able to watch a different live Sky channel anyway.

I guess Tivo/Sky is more flexible in what you could do separately with the
two boxes, but Sky+ should be a better overall for a single viewer.  My
widescreen telly has built in Terrestrial digital which will hopefully be
better once the BBC gets itself sorted.

I plan to get Sky+, and move my old sky digibox into the bedroom.  There's
only two of us so this should be fine.  Problem is I can't bare the thought
of giving Sky any money for subscriptions, most of the TV is all rubbish
anyway.

Rob
--
    / ___  / /  / / __   / _____ HOME: chas@xxxxxxx    / /  /_/ / /__/ / / /__/ / / /__    http://www.kaosuk.co.uk/