Mini-Timer disassy & IC Identification

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Mini-Timer disassy & IC Identification
  • From: "Mark Marooth" <MMarooth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:02:38 +0100

Well,

Following on from my post of last week, I disassembled my

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

£2.99 Mini-Timer and I
now have a nice but empty white plastic box and 3 circuit boards.

1 Board is the LED display for the clock which is of little interest to me
but
I've not disconnected it just in case it needs to be there to complete any
circuits.  The second board is the switch board.  The switches are mostly
of the
metal dimple type where small springy pieces of metal are stuck (using
tape) to
the board and make the circuit when the slightly domed centre is pressed
down.
I've removed these and find there is plenty of room to drill holes and
solder on
additional hookups.  The switch which selects 1-4/5-8 is of the slider
variety
and as with the dimple switches there is ample room to drill and solder new
hookups.  House code selection is by a rotary switch and as with all other
switches the contacts on the circut board are easily jumpered (read
soldered) to
give you the code you want. The final board is where the remainder of the
electronics is mounted.  This is mostly easy identified (coil etc) but I
have
not been able to identify this 30 pin IC.

This IC is marked   PICO 571
3511  9A5

Following some searches on the net, I have not been able to determine what
this
is other than to guess that it is some sort of uProcessor.

I would like to identify this chip to figure out whether any sort of mod is
possible to get it to be able to address all 16 unit codes in the same way
as
the mini-controller can.  If any of you guys can identify this chip and
point me
at documentation and/or a URL I'd be grateful.

Mark