Re: UK HA All-encompasing FAQ

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: UK HA All-encompasing FAQ
  • From: Andy Laurence <andy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:49:33 +0100

> Maybe a Wiki?
>
> http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/wikipedia:What+is+a+wiki
>
> Don't know if a little more control can be added to stop people trashing
> it.
>
> Or some sort of simila online, user edited system. There's a lot of top
> class knowledge in the group, but editing on this scale would be a major
> task & there is a lot of varied opinion (another audiotron/rio battle
> anyone?), but this needn't be a bad thing, as can have multiple answers
> to most things as long as they are put as opinion, not writ.
>
> Also avoids copyright if people contribute their own stuff.
>
> I'm no coder (sadly) but most of these systems exist if anyone is
> willing to mod & host them.

IMO, a wiki/twiki is a bad idea.  They just get very confusing after a
short time.  For a good example, see http://consume.net.  Can you
understand WTF they're trying to achieve?  I can't, and I'm with them!
Now look at my site (see sig), and see if you understand it.  I think that
says everything.

Andy
--
Building a community network for Bristol
http://consume.andylaurence.co.uk - updated 15/07

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor