-----Original Message-----
From: siu98pd [mailto:siu98pd@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 April 2002 14:48
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] best method for cabling

> - First fix: laying cables and pipes before walls get put up around them
> - Second fix: putting sockets, taps, etc onto cables and pipes once the walls are up

i wanted to do it at first-fix but I don't think the site manager will let
me on site.

(It's one of those David Wilson homes).

What I could do is downstairs where it's mainly block work, channel out a
large groove along the top of the wall and embed a conduit. That way, more
cables can be added at a later date. Wall sockets can then just drop down
vertically, again via a channel in the plaster/block work. Sorted!

Pankaj.