Re: cables. was HA system networks

> > Depends on what quality you're after.  The KAT5 modules offer perfect
> > quality transmission with stereo audio, whereas coax will send
reasonable
> > quality pictures and mono sound.  If I had the money, I'd use KAT5.  I
don't
> > so I'll use coax (sorry Keith - pray for a pay rise for me).
>
> sorry, don't follow this.
>
> I thought audio and video is transmitted via the co-ax and it's upto the
> recevier (tv in this case) to decode the audio/video and playback as
> necesssary depending on the tv's capabilities?

There is a limit to the quality of audio and video you can send down coax.
With KAT5, you can send 5.1 audio and RGB scart signals (I think you'll need
two units for that though).  It's all about the quality you expect, and the
number of different types of cables you want to run to every corner of every
room.  If you have the option, I'd recommend KAT5.

Andy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor