-----Original Message-----
From: Calum Morrell [mailto:calum@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 April 2002 18:29
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Penguins and Portals

On 25 Apr 2002 at 16:39, Mark Harrison wrote:
> OK,
> Anyone know of any GPL software (running on either Linux or Win2k/XP)
> that will talk to an LDAP directory, authenticate a user, and give
> them a roles-based portal?
> Regards,
> Mark

I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for tbh. openLDAP is a very good v3 compliant LDAP server with client access and
administration utilities. GNU/Linux has the ability to authenticate a login via LDAP, and many distos have this as a standard
feature.

Am I anywhere close to what you're looking for? If not, can you explain to me in words of one syllable or less? :-)

--
Calum Morrell
http://www.drochaid.org