RE: DEHP8400MP - in car pioneer

Hi Amar,

dont want to put a damper on your enthusiasm but......

as it is intended for the US market, are you sure the tuner section will
work over here.

American radio channel allocations are different from our.

For AM they use 10kHz channel spacing whereas we use 9kHz spacing, this
means that for 855kHz the best you could hope to tune to would be 850 or 860
khz which are closer to 846 or 864 than the 855 you are aiming for.

Likewise for FM, a hire car I had only got the "odd" decimals on FM eg
101.1, 101.3, 101.5
My National stations here are 89.7, 91.9, 94.1, 99.7, 101.5
My local stations here are 102.4, 103.4, 106.4

I would only be able to receive the national stations.

An older digital radio I had was totally tunable in 1kHz steps on AM and
0.05MHz steps on FM, all the more recent ones I have had tend to be
incremeted by the UK channel spacings.

Of course, if you are only using it for CD and MP3 then no problem.

I wonder when a UK model will appear?

Keith
www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv