Re-Wiring advise

  • To: "Ukha_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re-Wiring advise
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <alex@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:30:26 +0100

I'm looking to rewire and include some X10 controllers.

The SWMBO wants most of the light fittings moved and a few doors rehung, so
I was planning on simply running a few new lighting circuits and simply
doing a swap over when everything is installed. I need far more power
outlets (and in the right places) and most of the current cable is ~30 years
old so I might as well replace all of it as I have easy access inside the
house.

The electrics are straight forward on a floor by floor basis, BUT... how do
you get back to the consumer unit ? It's in the garage and all the walls are
solid with no obvious signs of access (other than where the cabling
"appears" in the garage to connect to the consumer unit). My previous house
had everything on an internal wall and simply fed a few feet up the wall and
fanned out under the landing floor, perhaps too easy !

Are there any sites devoted to this sort of issue, anyone done it recently
and can give some advise ?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor