Re: HA system networks

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: HA system networks
  • From: Jerome O'Donohoe <jerome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:21:44 +0100

On 24/4/02 8:38 pm, "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, did you a dis service. Look on the bright side though, I did mention
> you strange and reclusive folk ;-))
>
> Ian B
>
> No offence intended, ever........

None taken...I have successfully networked iTunes for playback from my G4
iMac to my G3 iMac and into my main HiFi in under 3 minutes, and when I get
the cameras and quad-split for upload to FTP in a couple of weeks, that'll
be working in a jif as well. I feel as if I'm getting there to the same
level as you wintel guys with half the effort. You may call it smug...but I
appreciate the sentiment.  I realise that the new thing for you lot is the
fuji pads, and I can't have one right now - actually I could because I
reckon I could make one send applescript calls from a browser pretty easily,
but I don't want the pain of setting the bugger up in the first place.  Good
luck to us all,  I say (that's the VoddyTonic talking).  The one gripe I
have is that most of the group has transcended the traditional X10 world to
the degree that I don't see useful posts about the frontline off-the-shelf
stuff, but mostly about proprietary PC stuff I won't have/don't have to use.

Merry evening all!

Jerome

--
"Ready...fire...aim..."
Jerome O'Donohoe, Re-recording Mixer, London.