RE: OT. Free box office movies ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT. Free box office movies ?
  • From: "Lee Varga" <lee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:38:23 +0100

From what I've read, this code temp. disables the dial-up authentication system, so you can watch pay-per-view events, movies, porn etc.

HOWEVER, once you hit the £50 limit this will stop working. At some point (poss. when the box is rebooted), the box will dial home, tell Mr. Murdoch what you've watched and that £50 will be on your next bill. The effect is exactly this same if you disconnect the box from the phoneline.

All you will have done is delay the bill by a few day/weeks/months, for about £9 looking at Ebay.

If you look hard on the net, you'll find the code for yourself. Funny but hardly much point...

Sky take their systems VERY seriously, they would rather spend millions protecting them, than lose millions to a bunch of hackers. Unlike, say, OnDigital/ITV Digital who picked a already broken system to protect their revenues.

If you unplug your phone it will give you free box office movies be warned u’ll eventually get caught though cos u’ll have to plug it in sometime!

This guy reckons he can give you a code to type that gives free box office movies. Someone tell me this is a scam before I go wasting money....

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor