Re: In anticipation of SKY+.......

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: In anticipation of SKY+.......
  • From: "happy_hammer66" <bill.mcmahon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:16:58 -0000

One irish sub for my main digibox with all the goodies.
I then bought a secondhand digibox on ebay fo 50 quid and got a FTA
card using my mothers UK address. this has been a godsend for me, i
can watch the footie on BBC/ITV while SHMBO can watch 'WTFSL'(did i
just make that up or is it a standard acronym?)

There's been rumours for some time about RTE going on SKY ok, but for
FTA i think there are a lot of other factors. TARA being the big
hurdle, i think RTE own some of it.
If RTE went FTA in Ireland (as BBC/ITV have done in the UK) there
would be a HUGE demand for these cards from all the irish in the
UK/overseas.

If it ever happens, i'll get you one.

bill (patent pending...)

> Bill, do you have two subs for this...or have you got a free to air
card for
> the BBC?
>
> I'd like to do the same for RTE up in the North,  Can I get a FTA
RTE card?