RE: Pictures of single board computer with touch screen

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pictures of single board computer with touch screen
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:55:41 +0100

If I could build them really cheap I would but the parts I have, apart from
the touch screen, are all from eBay or other surplus sources. The LCD alone
is over 300 quid new. The guy only has 37 left at the $100  price so you
can
see it wouldn't be too cheap. Saying that, you can pick up LCD's on eBay
for
next to nothing and hooking them up is fairly easy with TFT models.

Thinking of it, you could build from new for well under a grand but buying
surplus has kept my cost to around the 350 quid mark.

Dave...