Wireless Broadband...with a catch!

  • To: "UKHA_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Wireless Broadband...with a catch!
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:48:59 +0100

Guys,

I got this from ISP Review today and, if you can meet the criteria, it
may be a solution...

Tele2s New Broadband Challenge Site

Many may remember how Tele2, broadband wireless provider, claimed it
Would increase its coverage in areas where interest is shown by 100
residents & businesses within  a 15km radius.

Today Net4Nowt has noted Tele2's new site: Bringing Broadband 2 You
{http://www.bringingbroadband2you.co.uk), which states:

Fed up with the state of UK Broadband? Do something about it! If you
Want Broadband - we'll bring it 2 you!!

The UK Broadband Challenge from Tele2 is looking for Area
Co-ordinators for a unique venture - get 100 customers within a 15km
radius to commit to a Tele2 tariff and we'll expand the network to your
area... Bringing Broadband 2 you!

Sign up here to become your local Broadband Champion - and receive
your Tele2 promotional package!

In other words you'd become no less than an unpaid promoter of Tele2's
broadband wireless services in areas they don't currently cover. The
five things you need to do  are..:

(1) Get 100 people to each sign a pledge order form
(2) Make application by way of our "We've Got A Hundred" button, that
connects you directly to the CEO of Tele2 UK.
(3) Having received your application, Tele2 will conduct a site survey
and mini-study of the town/area in question
(4) Tele2 will establish a base station transmitter site with legal
access
(5) The big "Switch-On"!!

It's not such a bad idea, although it'll be interesting to see how
many people would have the time to promote such a service. We can't help
but be surprised that after getting  all those people the person
responsible
only gets a connection, how about a prize (free wireless broadband)?

K., @ Work, should be working! ;-)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor