Re: buzz buzz buzz - I wonder why it does?

With some of the stunts I've seen with electricity on industrial projects /
plants - I think alot of people have to be very thankful for the 110v
standard in use in the UK.

Only the other day, while working at a effluent plant. Walked down to
commission a new part of the software running the place and the welders had
several 110v leads strewn about the place including at least two sockets
actually in a puddle of water......

This is a place that boiled a large puddle the other day when some genius
decided to put a 415v junction box IN in the water (or at least it fell into
the water as it had about 6 inches slack)...... They tell me my face was a
picture when one of the contractors rushed up to tell me of this - he said
there was a pool of water smoking and on fire.

sigh.

Have also met some "extra safe" lighting on a 50v centre tapped supply.
(Only 25v volts to earth) Handy in food production places where lot's of
water is being used for production/washdown.

Where I did my apprenticeship - you could fit the 240v Rayroll plugs into a
110v socket. So people when desperate used to put 110v lamps in 240v
trailing lead lamp holders. If you didn't check the voltage when getting out
one of these leads, you didn't half get a bright lamp when you put one of
these back into a 240v supply.

Regards

    Richard