Re: New HA Project - Electronic Filer

Hi Dan,

If you contact Trident Displays (http://www.tridentdisplays.co.uk/) they do
a range of LCD and tube based touchscreens. They also do the excellent range
of eValue single board computers. Around 250 quid for a 233Mhz based NS
geode with sound, LCD interface, ethernet, you name it onboard.

Keep a look out on eBay as there is always something on there. Here is one I
found just now. Sometimes this guy has only the LCD and touchscreen with
controller for around the $100 mark and this is very good value.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2017399454

Look for touch screen on eBay as there is quite a list just now.

My application is a single board computer based system with NEC 6.5" LCD and
I am rebuilding it right now for use in my kitchen as an MP3 player and
information system. SWMBO doesn't know it yet but I am going to try and make
it fit the decor otherwise it will be a no-no.

The site still has 37 of these brand new high brightness displays for sale.
I bought mine for $120 each with shipping.

http://www.archconsulting.com/products.php?start=0&limit=30&Manufacturer=NEC

Regards
Dave...