Re: Reliability

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Reliability
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:07:10 +0100

Goes back to the "Keep the PC dedicated to the task in hand" argument...

Personally, my HA PC is a HA PC pure and simple. It serves no other purpose;
- no file/print sharing, no ICS/routing, no music server, nothing. It
therefore has 100% of its resources dedicated to the HA software I need it
to run, - Homeseer and ACE server. I don't have any issues with the speed of
response of the PC itself, or the software running on it...

I *do* still get a bit annoyed with the speed of X10 itself, but that's just
the nature of the beast...

Paul G.

(HA PC is an Athlon 1GHz, 256MB PC133)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor