Fw: HomeSeer Technologies News

  • To: "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Fw: HomeSeer Technologies News
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:35:35 +0100

Title: Message

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 11:42 PM
Subject: HomeSeer Technologies News

HomeSeer News April 5, 2002
_________________________

* HomeSeer Technologies announces support for the AT&T Natural Voices text-to-speech engines
* New features coming soon to HomeSeer 1.6
* New HomeSeer Plug-Ins

HomeSeer and AT&T Voices
_______________________

Through an agreement with AT&T, HomeSeer Technologies now offers the AT&T Natural Voices to HomeSeer users. By purchasing these voices through us, you can save substantially over purchasing them through AT&T. We are offering the base voices of Mike and Crystal in both 8khz and 16khz formats for $56.95. Voices Rich and Claire are also available for $19.95 each. Both the 8khz and 16khz versions of these voices are included.

Note that these introductory prices are good until June 1, 2002

Visit the HomeSeer Technologies product page for 16khz samples of all four voices.

Note that these voices require more CPU power than the standard voices and thus require a 300mhz or faster processor. Also, 128MB of memory is required. The voices are also large, each 16khz voice requires about 700MB of disk space. These voices are available via CD only.

To purchase, visit our online store at:

Coming soon, HomeSeer 1.6
________________________

HomeSeer 1.6 includes some cool new features that have been requested by our users. Here is a short list of what you can expect to see:

* New SAPI 5.1 Voice recognition. Voice recognition is greatly improved
* New power fail restore option to recover from power failures
* Better support for ASP web pages. Create your own custom web pages
* Better control over device list and event list printing
* All settings are stored in a single directory for easy backup and transfer
* Many smaller changes and enhancements throughout the application

A beta of homeseer is available at:

HomeSeer Plug-Ins
________________

New plug-ins continue to become available for HomeSeer. The current list includes:

ACT TI103 X10 controller
JDS Stargate
HomeVision
Applied Digital Ocelot
SmartLinc HouseLinc
X10 MR26A
RC80,RCS TR15 and TX15B thermostats
Nirvis Slink-e

Coming soon:

HAI Omni security panel
SmartLinc TempLinc temperature probe
SmartLinc IRLinc 1623 infrared controller
SmartLinc PowerLinc X10 controller

Visit our support web page at www.homeseer.com/support.htm for the latest versions of all supported plug-ins, as well as the latest version of HomeSeer.

Visit our message board for even more plug-ins that are user supported. Our message board also contains a script library loaded with useful scripts.

The HomeSeer message board is at:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor