Rio Purchase - the arrangements

Guys,

Apologies for the cross-post, but I thought this might be of interest to th= ose on UKHA as well.

Sonic Blue UK have agreed to two things:

1: A specially reduced price of =A3130 including P&P (UK only) and VAT.= This is a =A330/unit discount from the normal price of =A3159.99 for "= ;packaging damaged" units. (The units work fine - it's only the packag= ing that's been damaged.)

2: SonicBlue will administer the deal, rather than asking one of us to co-o= rdinate and place a single order.

This price is contingent on us reaching an order of 20 units. Given we got = to just over 30 wanted on the "show of hands", I assumed some dro= pout, and used a break-point of 20.

If you would like to purchase at this price, you now need to make a commitm= ent.

You should make a commitment by emailing nickc@xxxxxxx with the subje= ct line "UK Home Automation Group". Your email should confirm tha= t you accept the price of =A3130, confirm that you understand that the pack= ing (only) is damaged, and confirm how many you'd like to buy. SonicBlue wi= ll then contact you directly to arrange payment.

I cannot stress too strongly that if you email Nick, you are confirming pur= chase. This isn't like the emails many of you sent to me last week to indic= ate interest. It's a hard order.

I'm very pleased that SonicBlue have agreed to work with us in this way. Th= ose who've run previous bulk buys will admit how much effort is involved. B= y doing it this way, we get the pricing advantage, without having to run a = group member ragged.

This deal is for UKHA Group members only, and time-limited. Please get the = orders confirmed to Nick in the next couple of days.

Also please DON'T buy at this price, and immediately eBay it!!! If you do, = then it will seriously piss off a supplier making a good effort to set up a= UK market for products we all love, but still aren't mass-market accepted.= It will also cripple our ability to make any Group Deals with them on any = future products!

Regards,

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""