RE: Is this cool or what?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Is this cool or what?
  • From: "Brian.G.Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:56:46 +0100

Sounds like you need to get out more, like me Jenny :-))))

I inserted my CTI Equinox Caller ID CD for the Meteor into my server CD
drive, mapped the Fuji to the server CD-ROM via the AP and started the
setup.

I was not sure if it would work but on start up there is an option to
install as "Equinox Remote" so I tried that, during the install you have to
point to the equinox.ini file from the original installed directory, eg
C:\Program files\Equinox\Equinox.ini.

Unfortunately it error's saying the Equinox Server was not available so I
shared the Equinox folder and mapped to it from the Fuji and this worked!

It took a little while to sort itself out as it still returned an error but
when I next looked at it it had connected and when I rang my house it
announced my mobile over the little speaker!! wow...

Basically:-
1)      Share the Equinox folder on the server ready for item 4
2)      Map to this directory on the Fuji
3)      Install Equinox onto the Fuji selecting the Equinox Remote radio button.
4)      Point to the original equinox.ini file on the server
5)      Sit back feeling smug....

HTH's, see how you get on.

B.

BTW if anyone is not sure how to proceed with any of the above feel free to
contact me and I will be glad to help.