From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 8:32 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] lcd glass or privalite

Umar,

I posted this message to the UK_Selfbuild group some time ago, it may be of=
interest:

HTH,

Tim H.

-----
The Integer House / BBC Dreamhouse at BRE in Watford had glass doors whereb= y
you could see through them like normal glass, then at the flick of a switch=
(literally), the glass would turn opaque such that you couldn't see through=
it. I don't know whether it actually blocked light particularly well (I
viewed the house in the daytime) but it looked a really neat idea.

The glass was from Saint Gobain. the Integer house URL is:
http://www.integerproject.co.uk=
There's contact details for Saint Gobain on the Directory page under
Products & Services.
-----

Message: 9
   From: umar
Subject: lcd glass or privalite

I am about to convert a property for house (if i dont get gazzumped again that is  - another story !!!)

I was looking for unusal features I could incorporate - toyz for the boyz really - I had a thought - what if there was some kind of glass that could<= BR> go from transparent to opaque at the flick of a switch (or on an execution<= BR> of a macro !!).

TO my surprise such gadgets exist - see
http://www.sggpriv= alite.com/en/sommaire.html

However cost is in excess of =A31000 per sq metre and so is out for me

HAs anyone used these - are there any cheaper alternatives - and what fun could we have !!!!!

Umar

+

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

---