RE: ?dial up homeseer

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: ?dial up homeseer
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:22:50 +0100

Jon,

Yes, this should be possible, but we'll need to know a bit about your
network setup...

What platform is your HA PC? - 9x/2K/XP etc. and is it pro/server etc.
Is it in an NT domain? (either NT4 or W2K)
Do you have a dial-in server/service running on your LAN - either RAS or
RRAS?

As an alternative to dialling directly into your HA machine, have you
thought of using one of the various methods available to force it to dial
out?

Is your dial-up ISDN or POTS? - might be a bit slow for viewing webcam
output...

Paul G.