Re: Controlling Heating

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Controlling Heating
  • From: "drownedrat" <fluff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:09:50 -0000

Warning thought & opinion rather!! I know not of what I speak

> One general question:
> If I want to control central heating in each room individually, each
> radiator has to have some kind of valve which is operated remotely.
> I asume that they will need power, so each radiator will need two
cables,
> one for power and one for control signal.
Most common way is to have grouped rooms & zone stuff with inline
controls on the feeds (I know that wasn't the actual question)

Various people do motorised valves for radiators, they've been
discussed before and the main issue with em was size & appearance.

> Is there any way to reduce that cabling, so we don't need to rewire
house?
Most are low voltage DC, so if they are controlled over cat5 it
should be possible to carry the power on a spare pair (see current
discussion on this, plus some of the links from the wireless thread).

> Also, putting power socket into bathroom is against regulations, I
think.
You can have hardwired power points (no socket wire goes into wall)
but don't think this rule applies to low VDC so should be ok, you
might want a hardwired point in hte bathroom anyway to avoid
condensation in your socket.

A.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!