Time Delays for Lights

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Time Delays for Lights
  • From: "Andrew Woolass" <andrew@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:59:36 +0100

I used an ordinary pir in my shed, you have to set it up so that the light
doesn't turn it off again!

Retriggers whilst I'm in there - goes off when I leave - as you would
expect.

   From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>

My cupboard under the stairs is going to be my combined Node zero and
storage area. I'm going to install some fluorescent lights for when I'm
working under there, but also want to install a timed light for when I pop
in to get something from the back of the cupboard.

I was thinking of a momentary switch with a timer which will turn the lights
on, then turn them off after a short time (~1 minute). A on/off switch is
discounted because it will always be left on (tried the same thing with a
battery light - batteries always flat two days after replacing them !).

Screwfix do a Pneumatic Time Delay Switch (part # D9689) for about 14 quid -
although I don't particularly like the style. RS do timers but these start
at 30 quid.

Has anyone come up with a cheaper DIY solution, or do you just remember to
turn off the light ;-)

Thanks,

Tim H

P.S. If the timer can be re-started mid-delay by re-pressing the switch, so
much the better.

+

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!