RE: Sound cards/Veronica FM

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Sound cards/Veronica FM
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:39:53 +0100

> > > Quick question - can I run 2 soundcards on a single PC?
> The reason
> > > being that I've got my regular SB card for output to
> local speakers,
> > > but I also want a line output to a Veronica FM transmitter.  The
> > > volume (i.e. line out level) has to be quite high, hence just
> > > splitting the existing output wouldn't really work.
> >
> > I use a SoundBlaster Live! and do something similar. You
> can control
> > the line output seperately to the main speaker output.
> Might be worth
> > looking into.
>
> Be aware that the mixer apps that come with soundcards often
> dont like the additional sound devices being there.
>
> The one that I need for my leadtec 5.1 card doesnt even like
> to have a USB headset plugged in when opened. I open it then
> plug it in and its fine.

Know what you mean. Used to have a Turtle Beach card that hated ANYTHING
being installed, I kid you not. Very precious little card that :-)

The mixer software with the Live! is quite good, especially the updated
ones of the Net. Sometimes it just comes down to the luck of the draw
whether a soundcard will work or not.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!