Re: OT VIA freezing

thanks
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 2:59 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT VIA freezing

Ash,

Not the amount of memory, the speed. Most mobo’s can be set to either 100Mhz or 133Mhz at least, some you can customise and set manually other’s you can’t, depends on the mobo and chipset used however, I would start by setting it at 100Mhz and work from there. IIRC, the entire RAM *has* to be set to the lowest common denominator, i.e. the lowest speed determines the maximum achievable.

This is set in the Bios.

While you are in there, to test it, you should have an option to reset the Bios to original or safe defaults or performance default setting, I always start with the safe ones and work from there as at least you have a point of reference.

HTH

K.