RE: London meet - ORGANISATION

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: London meet - ORGANISATION
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:29:19 +0100

>Nice one - If ppl want I will bring my audiotron & we can hook it
up to the
>MP3 archive machine!

Great! - that's another toy to show/play with! :-)

>I work about 20 mins from Lon bridge, so can probably bunk off early to
>help

Just round the corner then!

>Don't want too many ppl tripping over each other though presumably!!

Indeed, - about half a dozen of us should be sufficient to set up a
complete
network and HA infrastructure in under an hour! (challenge Anneka anyone?)

> > I reckon we'll need at least one server setup to do (c) and
> > (d) above, - I
> > can take care of that if required, - I can build a W2K server
> > in advance
> > with DHCP scopes configured and so on... and just plug it in
> > on the day.
>
>DHCP maybe overkill for what is just a couple of machines linked
together -
>it doesn't take long to set fixed IP's on a couple of machines.....

True, but DHCP is piss-easy to set up, and I was envisaging a scenario
where
people would be able to bring along their own laptops/iPaqs whatever and
just be able to connect quickly & easily....

> > For a wireless setup, - who has the "easiest" WAP to
provide?
> > - mine's not
> > *too* bad (not hidden in the loft or anything), but I'd need
> > to totally
> > reconfigure it, - turn off WEP, turn off MAC filter, change
> > ESSID and so
> > on... - if anyone's got one that's not yet "in live
use" that
> > would save me
> > this hassle...
>
>Can rip mine out of node 0 as no WEP etc set up - living in a road of
>crusties, I doubt many of them know what a network is, let alone how to
go
>about hacking one :-)
>It's the usual Linksys WAP11 jobbie.
>
>Tony

Suits me! - I've only just got all the cables neatly tied up and stuff, so
I'm much happier if I don't have to whip mine out...