Help - modules dropping like flies

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Help - modules dropping like flies
  • From: Nic Blinston <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:30:24 +0100

Recently, Mark Mosthav noted a problem with TM13s failing. Is it
possible for a faulty module to 'corrupt' another unit? Yesterday I
had a TM13U fail (now won't work as a Transceiver or a Module).
Whilst testing it today, I plugged it in next to my other TM13U which
had been working fine. Now the second one is dead in all modes too.
(Not fuses...)

Then I tried connecting a MiniTimer, which had not been tested since
arriving two weeks ago. Although the clock part works, it doesn't
seem to send any powerline signals.

Becoming nervous that the dead TM13's could be causing a problem, I
disconnected all my X-10 units, and started a clean test.

My Rex dog unit had not been on the system with the failed TM13U, so
I started with that and an AM12 which was brand new. Both OK. Did the
same tests with some LM15s (also new) which were also OK.

Back to the MiniTimer which still resolutely refuses to send any
signals. (When pressing buttons, the clock display flashes once for
each press). I've tried changing housecodes in case I had a dodgy
switch, to no avail.

Help!
--
Nic Blinston - Head of Development