RE: Re: bog standard FM radio into the RIO?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: bog standard FM radio into the RIO?
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:46:46 +0100

The JReceiver stuff is running.

Indeed, I opened up the port to the Internet last night and James Hoye was able to browse my MP3 collections, and see how the playlist functionality (which is MUCH better than anything I've seen before worked.)

JReceiver is a more general MP3 server tool than being for Rios only.

I'm still part-way through installing the Rio-specific extensions (which modify the Rio kernel to enable it to work with this server rather than the out-of-the-box one.)

It's going slowly because I'm on Windows 2000, and the instructions are mainly written for Linux. However, with help from the JReceiver group on Yahoo!, I'm getting there, and the Windows instructions will be better shortly ;-)

Regards,

Mark