Yahoo Marketing Preferences..

  • To: "UKHA (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Yahoo Marketing Preferences..
  • From: "James, Daniel" <daniel.james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:36:16 +0100

Hi all,
I was sent this from another group, I know we discussed it a while ago, but
I know that a number of us couldn't find the Marketing info page that had
been referred to, I just did using these instructions, and everything was
set to yes!!!
<Snip>
Dear All

Further to my warning about Yahoo resetting your 'Marketing Preferences' to
"yes" some of you may not have been able to track down your 'preferences' in

the manner previously described, I believe this is due to subtle difference
in approach by the US and UK arms of Yahoo, so here is an alternative method

that should work:-

1. - go to <A
HREF=""<http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups>">

2. - click on 'Account Info' (upper right)

3. - a new page will appear, sign in using your Yahoo account ID/password

4. - scroll to bottom of 'Your Account Info', page that appears locate and
click on 'Privacy Statement' link in bottom line

5. - The UK 'Privacy Policy' page appears. However your 'Marketing
Preferences' seem to be held exclusively on the US site of Yahoo. We need to

go there to access the US equivalent page. Notice the page address at the
top
of your browser is currently showing <http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/uk/>
either edit this address directly by changing the uk bit to us and then hit
'enter' or 'go'. Alternately you can re-enter the whole address if you wish,

either way you will be taken to the US 'Privacy Policy' page.

6. - Once this new page loads scroll about 2/3rd of the way down until you
come to the "Your ability to edit your account info and marketing prefs"
section.

7. - In the first line of this para locate and click on the 'marketing
preferences' link, your 'Account Info' Page [US one] will load

8. - You will see on this page all the preferences for various
email/tel/postal marketing reset to "Yes" by Yahoo. Scroll up and down this
page thoroughly and click on the "No" radio button for all prefs you wish to

change back to 'No' [probably all of them]

9. - Double check this page especially the very bottom to make sure all
changes have been found and actioned and then locate and click on the 'Save
Changes' button at bottom right before exiting the site. You must do this
otherwise none of the changes will be acknowledged.

This procedure should work for everyone - it is not half as fiddly as it may

appear and a few mins spent editing your preferences will be very worth
while.

Regards

Daniel

This message is confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) only and remains the property of
Exchange FS Group plc. You should not disclose its contents
to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient
please notify the sender named above immediately.

Registered Office: Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham,
Surrey, KT11 1TE. Registered in England No. 2596452

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor