RE: Cat5 or Cat5e for structured cabling (KAT 5 Issues ?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cat5 or Cat5e for structured cabling (KAT 5 Issues ?)
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel.giddings@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:40:08 +0100

Hi,

I have been told that the difference between Cat 5 and CAT 5e is that some<= BR> of the cores in CAT 5e have a different rate of twist...

If this is so, and this also goes on from what I have been told, then the delivery of signals down each pair can differ in time causing problems with=
KVM type solutions over CAT 5e cable.

Any comments ?

Nigel