Re: Nokia 9000i (was EXCUSES! (was TiVo WAF)

John Risby wrote:

> 90 quid?! god, i might get mine on ebay. I used one from about the same
> time. The web and email was much better than WAP and the telnet client
> was a life-saver more times than I can remember (well, time-saver is
> more accurate but...)
>
> it was a large bugger tho. the size and battery life forced the change
> in the end.

I've always been an advocate of the two box solution...... used to use a
Psion Series 5 with an Ericsson GS18 (rebranded Orbitel 905 with a modem
when the Ericsson/ Orbitel merger took place) connected via a  serial
cable..... means you can have something big and lumpy like the Psion
(mmmmmm... Psion proper Keyboard vs Nokia 9xxx) but you can also have a
seperate phone when you don't need the two together (although the GS18
was hardly what you'd call svelte!) and no IR port lining up :)

Nowadays though, Vodafone have started doing multi sim cards. (I know
these have been available in Holland and probably other places for a
while)..... I think they're the only people who are doing them in the UK
at the moment....... A SIM to go in your communicator/ GPRS sleeve on
iPAQ/ PC card phone in laptop, a SIM to go in your v66/8310/T68
something else small and pretty (subjective!) both SIMs can make
outbound calls, one will receive inbound calls, (you can change the
nominated receiving device) and you only need one subscription (plus a
supplement per extra SIM card) ..... just checked the website and you
can have up to 10 SIMs.... :o

I'm just a sad person.... :)

Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor