VIA Network MP3 Project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: VIA Network MP3 Project
  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:58:57 +0100

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of research on topic for creating a network based mp3=
player very similar to the Rio's and came across the Ultra Compact VIA
VT6010 main board (http://www.via.com.tw/en/VInternet/mini_itx.jsp).  The uk distributers have finally got some samples in and should start getting stoc= k
next few weeks from .tw, and will cost about =A371.  This board is 17c= m x 17cm
so is ideal for the project packed with features.  One of my aims is t= o keep
it as small as possible and as quiet as possible.

I plan for the device to run linux as it has a flash chip upto 32mb onboard= ,
being linux it means we can run a web server on it and lots more useful
things.

I have created a new list ukha_viaproject@xxxxxxx for anybody that<= BR> is interested in doing this, helping etc.  You can subscribe by sendin= g an
email to ukha_viaproject-subscribe@xxxxxxx
The main problem I will face is designing a case for this m/b and finding a=
psu that is really small and compact for it whilst trying to keep on an
estimated budget of =A3150.  The more support I get from people the be= tter,
but im willing to do this on my own if needs be.

Im sure this mainboard could act as many other projects for ukha too.

Any feedback is very welcome.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or