RE: (ukha_d) EXCUSES! (was TiVo WAF)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) EXCUSES! (was TiVo WAF)
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:26:41 +0100

Nb: some of these excusing require the removal of all packaging, a secret credit
card, alternative delivery address and in some instances a fake delivery note
&/or invoice:

1. It's a demo unit from one of my suppliers at work
2. It was just kicking around in the cupboard in the IT department (works best
for less funky looking kit (ie Meteor, any PCI card, HD etc etc)
3. It was a replacement for xyz that I returned under warranty (as recently used
when I needed to upgrade my photo printer, so sold the old one at work, dummied
up a delivery sheet, and bought a nice new Epson 1290 - apparently (according to
the delivery sheet) it was the next best printer that Jungle had, as the old one
was no longer being made ;-))
4. Just smuggle it in, in pieces if necessary.  This has worked to great effect
with my X10 kit, of which I've got at least 40 bits, but wifey would probably 5
or 6.
5. Bamboozle her with lots of paper, missing invoices and lots of boxes.  Works
well if you order and build your own PC, but is somewhat risky.

Heh heh.

P.

DISCLAIMER: No Dear, I didn't really do all this, it's just for the lads on the
forum.