RE: TiVo question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: TiVo question
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:03:30 +0100

<<
There are several threads on the Tivo forum, regarding manual recording
confirming that it is not possible to do manual records if you subscription
has expired.  There is one thread though that contradicts this saying the
'aerial' channels could still be recorded. Although unless you don't have a
subscription you can't test this !!!

Well, I can try to test this theory.  My TiVo has been powered off since
about 3 days after I bought it 4 months ago (SWMBO compatibility issues!).

On another note, having moved the sitting room around over Easter, I managed
to re-structure my AV kit so that SWMBO now HAS to use the AV amp (because
the STB is plugged into the switched auxillary power outlet) and the Pronto
accomplishes this (only taken nearly 3 years to get her this far!).

Now that I have my AV amp being used, putting the TiVo in the study with the
STB and judicious use of KAT5 (with IR return) and some form of RGB->YC
conversion means that I will finally be able to switch AV sources with my
amp too.

I'm on the first rung of the ladder with the Pronto - so ANY progress MUST
be positive and 'rough round the edges' simply will not wash.  This is
something that I'm worried about with the TiVo - losing the start/end of
programmes (cue "Why can't you leave it alone?  It was fine as it was.") -
although the latest software supposedly improves this.

James H

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!