RE: Gotta tell someone - Home made learning remote

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Gotta tell someone - Home made learning remote
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:25:23 +0100

Excellent work Ian. :-)

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian B [mailto:Ian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 April 2002 23:28
To: Ukha_d
Subject: [ukha_d] Gotta tell someone - Home made learning remote

After many hours spent in MPLab's PIC microcontroller env. I can now tell
you folks that I have built a learning remote (well sort of anyway). The
learning bit was an accident really as I needed a way to test the program.
;-))

For those interested it is a PIC16F628 on one of my LCD boards (see
www.mollyology.com for more on those). I have a IR receiver on one input and
one output connected to an original IR repeater board I built from Nigel's
circuit (for those of you with long memories). As I fire the remote at the
PIC the signal is recorded and described in about 11 bytes or a packet. To
test I simply recorded this packet and ran it through the transmit routine.
I have controlled a window blind motor (Phillips RC5) and my video (Sony
PWM) which are two very different IR 'standards'.

Naturally it speaks fluent 9600 bps serial and has a debug mode (and didn't
I need that!!). At the end of the day I hope it will talk PC and vice versa.
James H has put together a small program to test this so that's one of the
next tasks.

There is a long way to go yet but this is a big milestone for me. The whole
lot at full bore draws around 50ma and was running from a tired 9 volt PP3.
It still hates my Sanyo remote but that has an exceptionally long start
pulse and the poor little thing times out and gives up. Lots to do yet but
it does something at last!!

Sorry about that, had to tell someone as it has probably been a year since I
started this :-((

Ian B

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!