Re: NOW: baby-care automation, WAS: Congratulations Nikola

Just a few points...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:22 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] NOW: baby-care automation, WAS: Congratulations
Nikola

> I've already started thinking about adding a sprinkle of automation to
the
> whole getting up in the middle of the night 'experience', as I
understand
> babies have a tendency to occasionally wake up & cry during the
night :-)

No, they wake up every night for about 6-8 weeks and if you don't feed them
within 5-10 minutes (the baby will decided how long you get) all hell
breaks
loose.

> My thoughts were some sort of sound activated stuff...
> Baby cries, bedside lamp (of whoever is on duty) gently brightens,
lullaby
> MP3's over ceiling speakers in the nursery, kitchen & landing
light goes
on,
> microwave fires up to warm milk...

Now, why didn't I think of that before with my 2.... Anyway, it won't work
unless you can arrange the feeding to be automatic.!!
The last line is not need if you have a ready supply of warm milk lying
next
to you.

> OK, I'm not really serious about all of that, but a few lights going
on
> would be good.
> Now only if I could work out how to automate nappy changing!!

If you could do this, you would be the richest man in the world and with
the
cleanest smelling hands too? :o)

Dave...

PS.. Spend all you can on home automation and spend lots of time on the
computer because from October, both these luxuries will disappear for a
long
time!!!! :o)