RE: KAT5

Ahh, okay, I'm starting to get a handle on this. I just found the bit
on the web page about the custom combination of 4 signal
directions.

On 30 Sep 01, at 23:25, Phil Harris wrote:

> Currently the KAT5 units are available as sender and receiver sets,
> one sender can service multiple receivers.

And each receiver handles a single source device?

So I could use a Sender per device located in the Home Cinema
room to transmit to several receivers in different rooms, via a loft-
based patch panel.

Not having seen this cool equipment before, I'm still trying to
visualise it all in my head.

And then in each room I'd need a TV with multiple input
connections so it can be connected to each KAT5 receiver. I then
toggle the TV input to choose what I watch. Is that even vaguelly
right?!

Rules out my spare portable TV at the moment then as it only has
a single SCART.

> Keith is our little guru "buddah" ... *VERY* approachable
and very
> happy to discus what you need and how is best to implement
> distribution systems.

Just shout at me, all, when this gets too boring for the list
members and I'll take it to email.

> Ultimately I want to pipe
> the 300 DVD changer and Digital Satellite from my AV room (which is to
> be located in the garage) to the living room / 3 bedrooms / computer
> room and possibly the attic.

That's along the lines of my own requirements, with the major
sources located in the Home Cinema room. I'd imagine this will fit
with a *lot* of other folks out there too.

BTW, why in the garage? I've often wondered why people convert
their garage, but I guess it gets thing out of the house. It's just that
the garage always seems a little exposed to me. In my garage,
along with the car & motorbike, if I had Private Ryan doing his war
thing, people walking past on the street would likely know about it!
NOT what I'd want. Luckily my Home Cinema room is at the back
of the house so it's just the neighbours that know it's on, if
anybody, and not every joe walking past.

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx     ICQ#: 4515603