Re: What's Santa going to bring you?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: What's Santa going to bring you?
  • From: "Steve Clark" <steevc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 17:05:40 -0000

I persuaded my work to set me up a dual monitor system. They stuck a
PCI card in a 1GHz Gateway running W2K and I was off. A slight
improvement on my old 350MHz.

I find it great for development work. Saves all that window swapping
and you can see 2 full screens at once.

There are Geforce dual-heads around. There's one in my Simply
catalogue for about 70 quid.

I'd like something like that with a pair of LCDs. Even the 17"s are
getting reasonable now. Unfortunately all finances are dedicated to
the new house for now. I'm already allocating a couple of grand for
networking and automation.

Steve