RE: sorry if naive - which is best - coax or kat5 ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: sorry if naive - which is best - coax or kat5 ?
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:21:35 +0100

> If you want to distribute the DECODED audio, then you need to get
Keith to
> build you a custom KAT5 (the scart is replaced with phonos) which
> can carry
> the RL, RR and LFE channels.  You could use this with an ordinary
KAT5-AVS

Forgot - also would carry front centre channel - doh

> which would carry FL + FR (as well as YC/s-video).  You will of course
> require an amplifier capable of amplifying 5 channels and an active
sub
> woofer.

Reading this again, I need to add that you need 2 _PAIRS_ of KAT5 units to
accomplish this (as well as 2 CAT5 cables between the locations).  This
will
facilitate carrying luminance, chrominance, FL, FR, FC, RL, RR & LFE
signals - that's 8 signals, each requiring a twisted pair within a CAT5
cable = 2 CAT5 cables (4 prs in each).

James H