Re: Wildly OT: Wooden Flooring

At 1:24 pm +0100 27/9/01, Mark Harrison wrote:
>Anyone got any recommendations on suppliers.
>
>I'm looking for hardwood, NOT laminate.

Mark,

Floors and Worktops
020 8293 9253 (Greenwich)
www.floorsandworktops.com

They were recommended to me and as we speak they are half way through
laying a Canadian Cherry solid floor.
This is being nailed (hidden nails) to existing floorboards. But I'm
sure they will know the correct procedure for concrete.

The price was similar to other local flooring places but they seem
more professional and also can sort out things like gas and water
pipes before floor goes down.
The plus for me is they can do fun things with granite and marble as
they have a stone masonry factory in Greenwich.

If you want I'll give you an update when it has been sanded and
sealed and polished.

They can supply the materials only, but it is takes a long time to do
it right!!

Regards,

Martin