RE: Wildly OT: Wooden Flooring

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Wildly OT: Wooden Flooring
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:15:17 +0100

> Anyone got any recommendations on suppliers.
>
> I'm looking for hardwood, NOT laminate.

Well, what a coincidence!  Look what I've just collected..

Cost was 9UKP / linear meter - finished size is _just_ under 6" x
1"

This isn't for a floor, but for my bathroom vanity unit...  I will update
my
site as it gets built.

> Also - I have a concrete subfloor, what do I need underneath it, and
> what's the best way to run cables for a "floor port" with a
run of
> S-Video and a few of CAT5???

I'd channel into the concrete and bury some 25mm steel conduit.  You don't
need to make too good as it will be covered with lovely wood :)  I'm sure a
decent carpenter can make a floor box to match - just sink the back boxes
into the concrete far enough to allow the lid to close on the connectors.

BTW, have you seen http://www.screwfix.com/product.phtml?5305
quite
reasonably priced as low as 31.99 UKP per square metre ;)

James H