Re: E-bay followup

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: E-bay followup
  • From: patrickl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 04:17:28 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Simon Coates" <ecolume@g...> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Sorry about your unfortunate experience with e-bay.  I suppose
there will always be people who abuse the system and people's trust.
Yet, e-bay is excellent and is a good source for bargains.
> On a similar note, I recently bought an ePods from a guy in New
York.

> There are still some trustworthy people! :o)

Pleased it worked for you, Simon - I know there are good people out
there, the problem is spotting the rogues. I have to say that your
vendor was simply lucky to hit on a trustworthy buyer - the story
could have been very different. After my own experience I would never
ship goods before receiving payment - it is just daft!
The unfortunate thing is that it is extraordinarily difficult to know
who to trust from a distance. The guy I was dealing with was very
convincing.
I've been disappointed by e-bays handling of the whole affair, and
there are certain features of their system which can be exploited by
cons to their own advantage. I'm going to take them to task over
this...

Patrick