Re: OT Linking Networks

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT Linking Networks
  • From: shmern@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:33:35 +0100

> > Sounds like Wireless RF is your only option really, unless you
want laser
> > ($$$)
>
> This was the conclusion that I'd come to.

yeah :o)

> > We have a couple of building linked via 11Meg Wireless bridges.
> >
> > What questions do you want answered ?
>
> Basically any reconmendations for hardware, and any software
limitation,
> ideally I'd like have 2 units on in each building that just plug into
the
> existing network infrastructure, also with the option of external
antenna.

The equipment we have is Breezecom with external antenna (recommended for
that distance), and we have one box at each end just plugged into existing
LAN. However ip addressing and routing was not a problem for us as the
remote buildings were already in the same subnet ,as they used to be on
fibre until someone decided to remove the building in between in which the
fibre was routed :o). So we just bridged the segments.

What abot yor scenario, are the networks different ip's ?, is there likely
to be any clashes ? i.e. both sides using private address 192.168.0.x

> Thanks
>
> Stuart

np.

D.