RE: Unwanted SCART lead switching

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Unwanted SCART lead switching
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:11:01 +0100

It will stop the switching but if you DVD is outputting RGB that may still
get overlayed on whatever you are trying to view. You might also need to
remove Pin 16 but even this is only a switching pin.

One Phillips TV I owned had the RGB input pins connected directly to the
guns of the tube, whenever any signal was on those pins it would appear on
screen regardless of any settings.

If you are very carefull you can press the little "tag" on the
SCART pin and
push it out of the housing, then tape it up. That way you can always
restore
the lead to norma usage.

Keith

DVD