[OTish] Broadband Access in UK (satellite?)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OTish] Broadband Access in UK (satellite?)
  • From: james.2.winspear@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:27:31 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to get some form of faster Broadband/internet access at home,
and live in rural Oxfordshire (within earshot of the M40 though).
I'm almost never going to be served by a DSL exchange, so that's out.
I'm sure that no cable company is ever going to serve us, so that's out.
ISDN/Highway - don't know much, be seems expensive and still slow.
leaving ...
Satellite access :
Does anyone here use a satellite service and/or sat ISP ? (Starspeeder/
Skyspeeder or whatever else ?)
Anyone using TiscaliSat yet ?
Anyone got views on their real-life use (I don't want to queue files for
download, and although I'll not upload much, I'd prefer a 2-way connection
-
is this possible?)

[Need to move on from dial-up Dearth of Service]

James