OT - Canon IXUS

Title: OT - Canon IXUS

Guys,

I know some of you own this camera.  My local Dixons is having a refit and as such is selling off all the display stock.  There's a digital IXUS among other cameras for £280, with box etc.  I know ex display TV's etc can be dodgy - what about a camera.  What can I look for other than the obvious dents scrapes etc.  Is there a hidden system menu that tells me date of manufacture, hours of use etc?

The camera appears to be ok, other than it want's the clock and date set when powered up - would suggest possibly a new standby battery?  There's an 8meg card, instruction book, cable and some software in the box - what else should be there?  It comes with a full warranty..

They also have a Kodak DC500? I think, and a Olympus Camedia 3XXX 3.1 mega pixel camera although it's a bit more expensive.

I want it for mainly general point and shoot stuff, printing out the odd photo, so I think the 2.1 mega pixel should do.  Like the size of the camera over the others available.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor