Re: Firewalls?

I use Zone Alarm... it is free for personal use, but I ended up buying Zone
Alarm PRO, because it supports internet connection sharing (I have several
PCs on a LAN, with a Win2000 Server sharing an internet connection to BT
Internet).  The server also runs Dialer2000 to bring the connection up /
down (helps ensure that I do not exceed the BT Internet 16 hour limit).

w.r.t. NetBT
The site http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/network/wins/winsinfo.html
gives this
about NetBT (nothing to do with British Telecom).
Microsoft networking uses NetBIOS. However, NetBIOS can use the TCP/IP
protocol (when it is generally referred to as NBT or NetBT), the IPX/SPX
protocol or the NetBEUI protocol, which can introduce a few complications!
PC using NBT can actually only communicate with other PCs running NBT. A PC
using NetBIOS over IPX/SPX can only communicate with other PCs using
NetBIOS
over IPX/SPX, and similarly for PCs using NetBIOS over NetBEUI. It is also
quite possible for a PC with more than one protocol installed to be
communicating via NetBIOS over all of them at once! Within a subnet, there
will be a different browse list for each protocol. For NetBEUI, however,
the
browse list is maintained university-wide.

We recommend that you use NBT and it is the only one that the WINS servers
support. By default, if you have TCP/IP installed, NBT will be enabled, so
you don't generally need to alter anything manually.

Generally you don't need to worry about NetBIOS over IPX/SPX because like
NBT, NetBIOS broadcasts over IPX/SPX are stopped at routers.

< Snip >